If you are looking for work in the arts market, this Art Director Resume Template will make your job search exciting and easy. Just follow the tips below on the Art Director CV template and apply them when developing it.
Example of Art Director Resume Template
Actor and artist specialized in film, television and theater projects with extensive experience as an art assistant, decorator and artistic director. Proficient in editing audiovisual works, preparing props materials and designing all kinds of scenographies, decorations and settings.
From July 2015 to October 2016. Artistic director Loco Producciones (Barcelona).
– Management of outdoor theater events.
– Responsible for decoration in film projects.
– Direction of own shorts and elaboration of original scripts.
From September 2014 to March 2015. Artistic director at Rosa Films (Madrid).
– Work of decoration, props and set design.
– Direction of theater productions.
– Search for locations for various shorts managed by the company.
From November 2013 to July 2014. Artistic director at Alma Films (Madrid).
– Responsible for the administration of the artistic section of the company.
– Coordination of artistic productions and projects.
– Management of materials and props.
– From September 2009 to September 2014. Bachelor of Art History. Complutense University of Madrid.
– From November 2006 to July 2009. Diploma in Artistic Direction. School of Cinematography and Audiovisual of the Community of Madrid.
Spanish: native competence.
English: professional competence.
French: professional competence.
German: basic competence.
– Proficient in handling and elaborating theatrical props materials.
– Deep knowledge of performing arts, singing and music.
– Film production skills.
– Strong leadership skills and coordination of multidisciplinary work teams. Digital Skills
– Mastery of audiovisual editing software (Sony Vegas, Final Cut).
– Management of digital communication tools in professional environments.
– Competent looking for information for the creation of artistic content.
Our Resume for art director and how you can create your own
Make the most of the Art Director CV Template by applying a series of tips that will turn your CV into the perfect document. Recommendations such as getting to the point when writing the text, being concise and direct. Although it may not seem like it, it is a fundamental aspect to highlight.
But not only does it attract attention by expressing things clearly, it is also advisable to try to be synthetic, since a CV that is too long will scare any recruiter, no matter how brave they may be. This does not mean that you have to cut crazy, but keep an extension of between one and two pages.
A restrained and concise resume is the best ticket to reach the final destination of the selection process, especially if it is written with traditional fonts such as Times New Roman or Arial, which give a classic touch and facilitate reading, as long as a approximate size of 12 points.
It is also necessary to monitor the way in which the information is presented, which must be divided into categories and in well-defined sections: personal data, professional experience, training, etc. In any case, the idea is that what is relevant is placed at the beginning and the least important is left for the end. And for important we talk about what interests the recruiter, that is, your skills and competencies.
Link them to work experience, merging it with other aspects that are also mandatory inclusion, such as the objectives achieved in the jobs previously held or the tasks performed. Everything must be well marked and listed chronologically.
The quality of the writing is also measured by the style, tone and format. In this sense, it is convenient to always develop the text in the third person, avoiding the bibliographic nature. On the other hand, always try to convey dynamism using an appropriate vocabulary where action verbs abound.
Finally, review, review and review again before, during and after the development of the CV. Only then can you boast of a document free of spelling and grammar mistakes. Something essential to get to the job interview.
Mistakes You Shouldn’t Make in an Art Director Curriculum
To make the art director CV template totally useful, pay attention to the common mistakes that occur when writing any resume. Not providing a correct way of contact is usually typical, either because the email is too informal or simply does not work.
Another common mistake is to leave the title that comes by default in some CV models. As funny as you may find it, no recruiter will like to see the words Curriculum Vitae heading the document. Don’t even think about stressing and applying bold indiscriminately. It will make the recruiter dizzy, and that’s precisely what you don’t want to happen.
It’s just as common to leave the file name to chance. Anything that makes it easier for the recruiter is welcome, so put your name and surname in the PDF.